For many people buying old cars is a fascination. If you have checked and liked Mercedes 190sl, you need to know a few fast facts that are mentioned below.
1. Mercedes-Benz 190SL or simply 190SL was launched in the year 1955 for sale. It was first shown and introduced at 1954 New York Auto Show. The car continued to rock for 8 long years.
2. It matched Mercedes-Benz 300SL in many aspects of styling, detailing and engineering, and in fact, both the cars were launched together.
3. The car has double wishbone suspensions on the front, while the rear has swing axles. It featured the 1.9 L straight-four SOHC engine of type M121. It also featured power assisted Drum brakes (Ø 230 mm). It also featured Recirculating ball steering.
4. Back in time, the 190sl offered a top speed of 171 kmpl, which was certainly one of the best. In fact, it had a sporty feel that the elite loved to show off.
5. The car was eventually replaced in the year 1963 with another model namely Mercedes-Benz 230SL.
If you are making plans to invest in Mercedes 190sl, you need to find a company that can offer you the model with all the necessary modifications. While the car came in some stunning colors, most people like to own 190sl in black or red. The makes from the year 1959 are quite impressive. However, the restoration of the car can cost you hugely.
There are some reputed online portals from where you can buy 190sl at decent prices. The restoration costs of this convertible may differ according the needs of modification. While buying the car, you need to know a few things. Firstly, ask the company as where the car was registered.