In the current economic climate, with fuel prices soaring and VAT going up, we should all think about how to save money when using our vehicles. Implement the following tips and save money across the board with motoring.
- Do you really need to drive? The shorter the journey, the more pollution is caused as the car systems haven't had the chance to warm up, and it is also the time when the most damage is caused to your vehicle for the same reason. If it's less than a two mile journey, walk it! That is after all, what your legs are for!
- Plan your route, going for direct journeys that will avoid you having to sit in traffic at peak times.
- Check your tyres, as the correct tyre pressure can greatly impact on fuel consumption and save you a great deal over the year.
- Obey the speed limits. The optimum speed for a vehicle is fifty six miles per hour.
- If you get stuck in traffic and its solid, switch off the engine rather than keeping the car idling.
- Remove roof racks when not using them, as this will reduce the drag factor and make your car more streamlined.
- Reverse into the space when you park, as when you start off, the engine will be cold and therefore less fuel efficient. By reversing, you will be able to drive away next time with the lease effort on the car, improving your fuel consumption.
If you are looking to save money, look online for Car Insurance. Cheap policies are available online.