It is hard to deny the fact that having a car today can be rather expensive because there are a lot of expenses that go along with it. You have the frequent increase in gas price, the maintenance, the insurance, car loan and many more. If you are looking for ways to save money on your car expenses, here a few tips to keep in mind.
1. Don’t forget to properly inflate your cars. This will prevent things from getting worse that may have you spending even more due to the possible damages that it may bring.
2. Always change your engine oil and oil filter to keep your car running smoothly.
3. Instead of getting your car washed, do it yourself to save money. It will only take you a few minutes and you can easily do the washing and waxing yourself.
4. Do not pay premium for synthetic oil unless your car really needs it.
5. Refrain from using your car especially if the place that you’re going to is just a few blocks away. Enjoy the walk and save gas money.
6. There is nothing wrong with taking the train or the bus. Try to commute if you can. You will save a lot of money this way.
7. If you are planning to buy another car, go for second hand cars. All you have to do is find a reliable seller and you will save hundreds even thousands of dollars with it.
8. If you must use your car every day, you can ask some of your friends to car pool with you so that you have someone to share the expenses with.
9. Always plan your route ahead of time to avoid going around in circles and to save fuel and time as well. Better yet, use a GPS.
10. If there are alternate road without tolls, take it. You will save a couple of dollars while you’re at it.
11. Try to cut back on unnecessary trips.
12. Make sure you get your car checked regularly. A well maintained car will have fewer problems in the future. But if you don’t get your car checked, it can make other issues worse in the long run.
13. Check your car’s air filter and clean it regularly. It gets clogged up with dirt easily which makes the airflow decrease. Leaving it dirty will only result in wasted gas and loss of power.
14. Always compare gas prices. Go around your town and start listing down the prices and get your fuel from the cheapest one around.
15. Take your time in shopping around for the best car insurance deal. Don’t forget to check your credit reports before you get your car insured. A high score will help you save more money because your chances of getting a low interest rate will be higher.
16. By simply changing the way you drive, you will save a lot of money and take care of your better. Don’t forget to drive in the right gear to save fuel.
17. Avoid driving around with heavy objects inside your vehicle. Always drive light.
18. Skip buying accessories for your car unless it contributes to its safety and comfort.
19. To avoid accidents, always drive defensively and avoid over speeding. Not only will you be able to save your car from damages but you will also ensure your safety.
Follow these tips and start saving money from now on. A car may be considered as high maintenance but with the right tips and strategies, you will be able to save a lot from it.