So you've locked yourself out of your car again. You are standing in the middle of the supermarket parking lot and are miles from your carefully hidden set of spare keys. You feel yourself begin to panic. Your ice cream is melting and there is no way your aching feet will survive the walk home. What do you do?
Here is some vehicle lockout advice that will get you through frustrating times such as the scenario described above.
Manchester Locksmiths- What Not to do When You Get Locked out of Your Car
If you find yourself locked out of your car in the Manchester area, here are just a few things you should not do.
- Don't Panic - Remain calm if possible, especially if you have children with you. Your panic will only promote additional stress for them. Anxiety also prevents you from thinking clearly. The Manchester, England area is largely urban, where crime is more prevalent, so you'll want to stay in a well lit area.
- Don't Use a Hanger- While many individuals consider using a hanger to break into their car, this is clearly a bad idea. With this method, the idea is to go down through the top of the window with the hanger and push the electronic button to unlock the car. The hanger can also be used to go into the bottom of the window into the door to locate a pin inside of the door, which can be moved to unlock the car. This can damage both the window and the window seal of the car, and may not help you enter your vehicle at all.
- Don't Try The Tennis Ball Trick- In recent years, many have tried using a tennis ball to enter their locked car.
With this trick, you take a tennis ball and punch a key sized hole in one side of it. You then place it up against the keyhole on the car door and hit it as hard as you can. Supposedly, this creates a rush of air that can unlock the door. While this trick may work with some older cars, most vehicles these days are so high tech that it will not work.
- Don't Use a Ruler- This is basically the same as the hanger trick, only a ruler is used. If you use a wooden or plastic ruler, it may break off in the door. Steel rulers, however may cause damage to the window seal and the window. No matter what the ruler is made of, this trick for unlocking a car door is not recommended.
You may also want to keep in mind, that although these tricks are often talked about, does anyone really carry a tennis ball, wire hanger, or ruler around with them? It's not very likely. In the time it takes to locate a store that can supply you with one of the items mentioned above, you could already have help on the way.
Cheap Manchester Locksmiths- What You Should do if you are Locked out of Your Car
Locking yourself out of a car can be embarrassing and stressful. The last thing you want to do is damage your vehicle while you are trying to get in it. Here is what you should do instead of all those questionable tactics.
- Call The Police- If a child or pet is locked in the car, you should call the police immediately. They will have the tools to help enter your vehicle. However, if there is no immediate risk of harm to anyone, the police may recommend you call one of the many Manchester locksmiths. Police have been injured and even killed by side air bags when attempting to open locked cars, so they will typically not take chances unless it is an emergency.
- Manchester Locksmiths- A locksmith should be your first call if there is no emergency. Your car can be opened easily and quickly by calling one of these professionals, and without damage. Most of the time, there is only a small fee for this service, and sometimes this service is covered by insurance.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of locking yourself out of your car, make sure your first call is to one the many Manchester locksmiths. Affordable Manchester Locksmiths